What is Pre-registration?
Pre-registration is the process that allows you to assign your Android devices to your account so that you can skip the manual process of entering the enroll code on each device. Once your devices are preregistered, all you will need to do is to open Agent and the device will register into your account and pull down its custom configuration automatically.
How do I know if I can pre-register my devices?
Preregistration is only available on Android. If you have access to the device's WiFi, Ethernet mac address or the device's serial number you can preregister your devices.
Do I need to preregister my devices?
If you are deploying large numbers of Android devices and have access to the WiFi or Ethernet Mac Addresses, or the serial number of the devices you will be enrolling, it is a good idea.
Option # 1 - Preregister a large number of devices
You can make one file that will preregister all your devices so you will only have to worry about this once. Below are the steps.
- Get a .csv file from the device manufacturer containing all of your WiFi Mac address. If you don't have access to this it might take you longer to gather that information than to manually enter the enroll code on each device.
- Create an enrollment template via the Moki "Enroll" tab and copy your code.
- Configure your .csv file as seen in the image below.
- Put the Wi-Fi, Ethernet MAC or serial number in column A with no column header.
- Put the enrollment code in column B for each device you want to enroll with that code
TIP: If you have multiple configurations (enrollment codes) you can list different codes
- Put the Device nickname in column C (optional)
NOTE: You can pre-register up to 500 devices per each .csv file
Option #2 - Preregister a small number of devices
There is a very quick way to pre-register a small number of devices without creating a .csv file. This can be done for 1 device or several.
- Click your account name in the top right and select Pre-registration
- Click the +Import button on the right
- Click the Import Using Enrollment Code link on the bottom of the box
- Select an enrollment code from the drop-down and type or paste in the complete MAC address or serial number of your devices.
- Click Import
Your devices are now preregistered and will enroll as soon as you open Moki Agent on the device with an active internet connection.