What is pre-registration?
Pre-registration is the process that allows you to assign your Android devices to your account so that all you can skip entering the enroll code on each device. Just open Agent and the device will register into your account and pull down its custom configuration automatically.
How do I know if I can pre-register my devices?
Anyone that has access to the devices WiFi or Ethernet mac address can pre-register their devices.
Is pre-registering my devices for me?
If you are deploying large numbers of Android devices and have access to the WiFi or Ethernet Mac addresses of the devices you will be enrolling, it is a good idea.
Now that you have determined that pre-registering is for you, we'll show you how to do it and some of the customizations you can make with it to help speed up deployments.
Section 1 - How to pre-register all devices at once
You can make one file that will pre-register all your devices at once so you will only have to worry about this once. Below are the steps.
- Get a .csv file from the device manufacturer containing all of your WiFi Mac address. If you don't have access to this it might take you longer to gather that information than to manually enter the enroll code on each device.
- Create an enroll template and copy your code
- Configure your .csv file as seen in the image below
- Put the WiFi or Ethernet MAC or in Column A with no column header
- Put the enroll code in column B for each device you want to enroll with that code
- Tip: If you have multiple configurations (enroll codes) you can list different codes for the device
Section 2 - How to pre-register a small number of device
There is a very quick way to pre-register a small number of devices without creating a .csv file. This can be done for 1 device or several.
- Click your account name in the top right and select Pre-registration
- Click the +Import button on the right
- Click the Import Using Enrollment Code link on the bottom of the box
- Select an enrollment code from the drop down and type or paste in the complete MAC address of your devices. (WiFi Mac or Ethernet Mac will work)
- Click Import
Your devices are now preregistered and will enroll as soon as you open Agent on the device.