Moki has three preset user roles plus the ability to customize your own roles. The preset roles cover most situations. However, this granular control comes in handy if you want to grant a particular user control to everything except the ability to modify and create users and their roles and permissions.
Section 1 - Accessing User Roles & Permissions
- Login to http://app.moki.com
- Click your account name in the top right and select User Roles & Permissions
- To view the details of a particular role, hover over a user role and click on the pencil icon
Section 2 - Creating and modifying user roles
Modifying and existing user role to create a new one
In most cases it is easier to modify an existing role that most closely aligns with the permissions you want to grant and then add or remove the items that necessary to create the new role.
- Hover over the desired role and click the Copy User Role icon
- This creates a new role in the top of the list that has copy added to the end
- Click the pencil icon to modify the role
- Make the necessary changes, including changing the name, and click Save
Creating a role from scratch
- Click the + icon in the top right
- Give this a name and select all the options you want the role to have and hit Save
Section 3 - Applying roles to users
You can apply this new role to existing users or apply it to users when you invite them.
Editing someone's existing user role
- Click on your account name in the top right and select Users
- Hover over the user and click the pencil icon to edit their role
- Select their new role from the Roles drop down and hit Save