Supervise the remaining iOS devices into Moki Total Control
Use this article as the starting point for all of your future iOS device enrollments.
Step 1: Set Up Remaining Devices Using Blueprints
Here is the process for configuring the rest of your fleet. Remember that the backup must match the current iOS version. If you don't have a backup with the current iOS version and you are only configuring a couple devices, you may want to skip the Step 1 Blueprint and go directly to the Step 2 Blueprint. Skipping the Step 1 Blueprint means you'll need to go to the Settings and configure the iTunes and App Store and any other settings you manually configured.
- Plug-in as many devices as you have USB ports to plug into. (We recommend stringing several USB hubs together to configure dozens at once)
- Click the Blueprints button and select the Step 1 - Restore blueprint and click Apply
- Click the Blueprints button and select the Step 2 - Prepare blueprint and click Apply
- Go through the start screens on the device, once you are on the Home screen proceed with these steps. Your device should match your backup as well as show on the Supervised device list in Apple Configurator
- Click the Blueprints button and select the Step 3 - Enroll blueprint and click Apply
- After the MDM profile is installed all apps assigned to the enrollment template will be installed on the device. If installing an app from the App Store you will be prompted for your AppleID password since this is the first time using the device
Step 2: Sending Devices to their Location
If you know the WiFi credentials of the network(s) these devices will be on at their final destination we can create the WiFi profiles for them now and place them on the device. If you don’t know the WiFi credentials you come back to this when you do, even if it is after the devices have reached their destination. We recommend shipping devices in a powered off state.
Saving Individual WiFi Credentials to Devices
- Click Change App and select Moki Management then click the iOS Profiles tab
- Then click the New Profile button and select WiFi from the drop-down list.
- Enter a name for this profile, input the WiFi credentials and hit Save and refresh your browser
- To apply this profile go back to the Devices tab and select the device(s) that will use this profile. Click the Apps dropdown located on the right, select the profile you just created and click the Apply to Selected button
- Repeat this process if additional WiFi networks need to be saved on this, or other devices. You will want to power down the devices before shipping them to their locations.
Step 3: Lock Down the Device
There are a few options for locking down the device. Choose the scenario that best suits your needs.
- App Lock - Locks the device down to one app through use of a profile installed on the device. This works with any app, be it store, enterprise or B2B. The profile will launch the app and cause it to be launched whenever the device restarts. Removal of the profile is only possible with a command sent from Moki, inconvenient if the network connection is lost with the device. For this reason, we recommend a backup WiFi profile placed on the device that you can set a hot spot too. By default your account comes preloaded with an App Lock profile for MokiTouch 2 so you can skip to Step 6 below. If you are not using MokiTouch 2 then learn how to set up and apply an App Lock profile.
- SAM - Once an app is open, lock and unlock the device to that app through a command from Moki or by an action from within the app. To use this feature, the app has to have the SAM code integrated and a custom action created in Moki. See here for documentation on SAM integration. MokiTouch 2 is already configured for SAM. The biggest advantage of SAM is that it allows you to remove it locally on the device, convenient if the network connection is lost. Learn how to enter and exit SAM.
- Whitelist/Blacklist certain apps - Allow or disallow specific apps on the home screen. This works for all apps except the Settings app, it stays. Set these apps in the Restrictions profile and apply it to your device. Learn how to set up a whitelist or blacklist
Congratulations on setting up your devices. If you have any questions please see our troubleshooting guides at support.moki.com or contact your Customer Success Manager.
Choose the app you will use
If you haven't set up the app you are going to use then select the app you want to use.