This tour will show what is contained in the actions bar
The actions bar is where actions are applied to app on a specific device(s). Manager recognizes the type of device selected, Android or iOS and reveals the available actions that can be performed on that device. We will go over each icon and option available in the actions bar.
1 - + icon
The + icon is another option to get an enrollment code. You can use the enrollment code found in the MDM Enroll tab, for more information see the article Manager Tour 4 - Enroll Tab. When clicked this will give you a 7 character enrollment code to use to enroll with. You'll need to go into the settings of the app and click the Enroll menu option, or wherever you have placed the enroll option if using the Manager SDK. Entering the settings of MokiTouch 2 requires you to drag your finger from the top left to the top right and down to the bottom right of the screen.
2 - Refresh Table Icon
This button will refresh the table and clear any filters or searches that were active. This button is frequently used after sending an action to the app and you want to see if the action has taken effect yet. This will not refresh the entire web browser page, just the table. Also, devices are not effected when the Refresh Table icon is clicked as there is no command being sent to the device.
3 - Table Manager Icon
This contains the available display fields within the device list. When the icon is clicked a box will pop-up displaying Available Fields (2) and Selected 3/3). By default the maximum number of fields, 3, are Selected, or active. To use one of the Available Fields one of the Selected must be dragged over to the Available Fields section, thus making room for a new field in the Selected. When you have finished editing click the Save button. This display is cookie based for the particular user on that particular computer and internet browser. Thus in Chrome you could have one set of displays and within Firefox you could have another set. If cookies are cleared then the table will be restored to the default settings.
4 - Action History Icon
This takes you to the screen where you can access the last 100 actions performed on the devices. This view displays the Action that was attempted and the item (will typically be N/A), who requested the action or if it was a scheduled action, the date of the request, the number of devices the action was sent to, the number of total actions sent to that device, if it succeeded, is pending or if there was an error and how it was requested (Client). Scheduled means it was a scheduled action from the Actions tab and Server means it was requested from the computer. Occasionally you will see a refresh button next to the action. This is telling you that you can refresh the screen to see if there has been a change. This appears if an action is still pending 20 minutes after the initial attempt.
5 - Map Icon
This will pop up a map with pins where all your devices are (assuming that location is being returned from them)
6 - Download Device List Icon
This option allows you to receive an CSV file emailed to you of the devices with your app installed on them. You will receive an email from email@example.com that contains a link to download the file. The information the file contains cannot be customized. The information contained in the file is:
- UDID - Unique Device ID of the device
- Nickname - The name displayed in the device list of Manager
- Name on Device - Name of the device, either the name contained in the About section of iOS settings or the last six characters of the MAC address for Android devices
- OS - Operating System
- OS Version - The number of the Version the device is running
- Enroll Date - The date the device was most recently enrolled in Manager
- Last Seen - The date and time the device last communicated with Manager.
- Alerts - Any alerts that are currently triggered on the device
- Battery Level - Gives the percent that battery level is at. The field is not formatted for a percent
7 - Actions
When a device(s) is selected this option becomes accessible. Depending on the options available for the app the list will vary and custom actions can be added to the list with the SDK. You can also create your own action to show up in this list if you have embedded the Manager SDK into your app. There are two parts to getting a custom action to display. The first part is the code placed within the app and the second it is update the drop down list. The Manager SDK documentation should outline the steps but the place within Manager to add the action to the list is from the Actions tab, see Apps Tour 4 - Actions Tab. We will review the available options for the different devices.
- Get Logs - Returns the device logs that display on the performance screen
- Take Screenshot - Takes a screenshot of what is displaying on the screen if the app is open
- Get Device Location - Returns the location coordinates of the device and displays them in the Support tab in the location field
- Send Notification* - Allows you to send a push notification to the device. If the app is opened then nothing will be displayed. If the app is closed then the message will show up according to the push notification settings the user has enabled for the app. If push notifications are disabled then they will not get the notification
- Basic Network Check - For apps with this feature of the SDK embedded it will return the network scan settings and display them in the Support tab. Give a few minutes for the information to be returned and make sure you refresh the table
- Advanced Network Check - Runs the Basic Network Check several times in a row to give an average of all of the attempts. Results are visible in the Support tab
- Refresh - Pings the device for it's Device Details as displayed in the Support tab
- Clear Alerts - If there are any active alerts on the device for the app this will clear the icon and status, thus giving the device a fresh bit of info for the next set of pings
* Specific to iOS devices
Thank you for reading this tour of Manager. To find more tours on different features of Manager, please visit https://support.moki.com