How to add and delete apps for use in Android Enterprise
This button will refresh your apps list after you add or remove applications.
This button will allow you to add Android applications to your account. There are
three app options available in Android Enterprise. These options are found by
hovering over the icons to the right of the “Managed Google Play Applications”
window. Here are the details for each option:
● Search Play Store: This will allow you to search for applications published to
the Google Play Store.
- Select the “Search Play Store” option on the left-hand side of the Google Play window.
- Then, type the name of the desired application in the search bar, press enter on your keyboard or click the blue search button.
- Once you locate the application you’d wish to use, click the app to open it, then click the green “Select” button. You should see a blue confirmation window in the top right-hand corner of the screen that says“ Success. Selected app request sent.” You can continue to search and add
- Once you are finished adding applications, you can close the window by selecting the X in the top right-hand corner or by clicking outside of the window. You should now see your selected applications listed in on the apps list. You may need to click the refresh button to update your
Note: If you are not signed in to a Gmail account, the above process will not work, and you will be directed away from Moki when performing a search. To fix this, simply sign in to your Gmail account and try your search again.
● Private Apps: This option will allow you to upload your own applications in
- To do this, select the “Private Apps” option from the left-hand side of the Google Play window.
- Then select the + icon on the bottom right-hand side of the window. Note: you might need to scroll down to see it. On the next page, name your application and upload it.
- Lastly, click the blue “Create” button. Note: you might need to scroll to the right to see it. You will
be prompted to enter your email address so that Google can contact you if needed. If you were successful, you will now see the application listed on the Apps list.
Note: In order to use this function, Google requires that your
application be zip aligned. Your Android developers should be able to
take care of that for you and provide you with an application that is
- Web Apps: NOT YET SUPPORTED IN V1 OF MOKI’S ANDROID ENTERPRISE SOLUTION. This option will allow you to display an application that opens directly to a website or a web application.
- To do this, select the “Web Apps”option from the left-hand side of the Google Play window.
- Then select the + icon on the bottom right-hand side of the window. Note: you might need to scroll down to see it.
- Configure your web app settings, including a custom icon and title. Lastly, click the blue “Create” button. Note: you might need to scroll to the right to see it.
- After a few minutes, your newly created web app will appear in the Web App window.
- Organize Apps: This option will allow you to create a collection of apps that you can use on your devices. You can organize the applications by folders and arrange the order of the applications.
This button will allow you to remove unwanted applications from your apps list.
Simply select the application that you want to remove and click the trash can icon.
Some applications, like email, web browser, phone, messaging, etc. allow you to
customize in-app settings. These settings can be configured by selecting the
application in the apps list and then by clicking the “Add Configuration” button.
Once you have configured your applications, select “Save” at the bottom of the