How to manage your Android Enterprise devices on the Devices tab
The Devices tab gives you the ability to manage individual devices.
When you select a device on the Devices tab, a window will slide over from the
right, and you will be able to see specific information unique to this device, such as
device information (battery %, Network Status, etc.), currently applied policies,
installed applications, etc. You will also have the ability to perform Commands to
this device. Each one of these tabs will be covered in detail below.
CUSTOMIZING YOUR VIEW
One convenient feature of the Moki user interface is that you can choose to arrange
the columns in your device list view according to those elements that are most
important to you. You can customize this view by selecting the three stacked lines
(often referred to as the hamburger icon) in the top right-hand corner of the device list.
You can choose to view the following items:
- Device ID: This is a unique, alphanumeric code generated for your Android devices. This code identifies your device similar to how IMEI number works.
- Nickname: This is a Moki feature that allows you to customize the name of your device on the dashboard to whatever name you’d like. Some examples of nicknames include; a unique company generated identifier, the device’s serial number, the store ID where the device is located, an employee ID that the device is assigned to, etc.
- Battery: This is a battery indicator showing the current battery percentage.
- State: This will show the current status of the managed device (Active, Deleted, etc.).
- Applied State: This will show the status of the device which you last applied
- Policy Compliant: This will either show as True or False to let you know if your applied policy is currently being enforced on the device and if the device is in compliance.
- Enrollment Time: This will provide you with the exact day and time that your device was enrolled to Moki.
- Last Status Report: This will provide you with an exact date and time that your device last updated its status and device information.
- Policy Name: This is the name of the policy that is currently applied to your device.
- Last Policy Sync: This is the exact date and time that your policy was last applied to your device.
- Applied Policy: This will show you the name of the policy that you last applied to your device. Once the device picks up the change, it will show the name of the new policy under the “Policy Name.”
- Applied Policy Version: This will show you the currently applied version number of the policy currently on the device. Every change you make to a policy increases the number by a factor of 1.
When you make a change to your device list view, those changes are saved as part
of your user profile and will remain the same every time you log in to your account.
In this tab, you can:
- Edit the device’s nickname: Rename your device by clicking on the title,
typing or pasting the name, and then by clicking the “enter” key on your
keyboard or by clicking on the check button in Moki.
- Assigned Policy: Here, you can see the currently applied policy installed on
the device. To install a different policy, select the name of the policy from the
- Device Settings: Here, you can see settings applied to the device that you
configured when you created your policy.
- Hardware: Here, you will find the hardware information for the selected
device (manufacturer, model number, serial number, etc.).
- Software: Here, you will find the software information for the selected
device (Android build number, Android OS version, etc.).
- Network Information: Here you will find details about the device’s network
The inventory tab lists your device’s installed applications. You can filter the
application list to find the exact application you need. You can also see details
about your apps, including version and package name by expanding the
Here you can view manually requested commands pushed to your device, including
the time requested and whether or not the command completed.
Each device has a Commands drop-down menu that allows you to apply commands
to your devices.
Here are the currently supported commands:
- Lock: This command allows you to sleep/lock the screen on your device.
- Reboot: This command allows you to reboot your device.
- Reset Password: This command allows you clear out the current password
set on the device. You will need to create a new password in a policy to reset
it to something else.
Once you have completed the command, you can select the “Commands” tab to the
right of the device to see whether or not the action was applied successfully.
Note: Commands can be canceled from this tab as well as long as you terminate the
command before the device picks it up.
The trash can will allow you to remove unwanted or unused devices from your Moki
Please Note: by selecting the trash can icon to delete your device,
your device will be factory reset.